Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Where does the time go?

I could have sworn that it was just a few days ago that I last post, but alas it has been almost 2 weeks. Now here we are in mid-march and spring is in the air. The weather here has been hot, hot, hot and I hope that isn't a prediction for weather to come. Usually the weather is very mild here, but lately it has been very volatile and hitting the extremes. Last year the rain seemed to never stop, this year we have had very little, hopefully we will not be in drought conditions this summer.

I saw the orthodontist today. I am on my final wire on the upper jaw and they are seeing me again early April - a little faster than in the past. She hopes to have the braces off this summer! Woo-who!!! I also am supposed to see the surgeon again in early April so lets hope everything looks good. I can finally say now that, yes I am very glad I had this done. Chewing is mostly back to normal, although I still have a little trouble chewing with my mouth closed. I am still numb, but feeling is coming back slowly so I have no reason to think that it won't come back completely eventually. There is still slight swelling, but even that has gone down quite a bit from the last time I took pictures.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad to hear that things are going well with your jaw and all. I hope that you get your feeling back and that your braces do come off this summer. That would be great! I'd love to see some more pictures. I'm sure you look quite different than your last picture even.

Very jealous of the warm weather...

Leah said...

Pic-tures
pic-tures
pic-tures

And glad to hear you love it. I didn't know you had to wear the braces into the summer! Well, you're used to it...

What do you mean by hot hot hot? Is it in the 90s? You know, we did hit 80 on monday, so we've got that going for us in MN.