Thursday, January 18, 2007

California does not equal WARM

Ok, I know all of you think that because I live in California I think that it is warm here and cold everywhere else. The truth is, I bring a sweatshirt to Michigan in July because it is cold HERE, a lot, all year around. It *can* get down to 50 degrees here at night in the middle of summer. Now that it is winter it is actually *really* cold! To top it all off our furnace isn't turning on, making it really hard to get out of bed in the morning. House temps are anound 55 degrees getting out of bed. As soon as I do, I "turn on the fireplace," I don't know whatever happened to "lighting" or "starting" a fire. Well acutally I do, it is frowned upon to burn wood here, especially on "spare the air" days, and you get some sort of discount if you replace an old fireplace with a new gas one. So anyway, it is only about 37 degrees when I get in my car at 8:15 am. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who starts my car for me, so by the time I get in the frost, yes I said frost, is melted and I can see to drive to work. It has also been unseasonally dry this year. I think I can remember only a couple days in December when it rained, although I was holed up most of the month, and then it rained again on Tuesday night. So Wednesday morning we could see snow on the mountain tops. This is not a common occurance, and while neat to see, it tells me yet again that it is COLD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK D, go ahead and complain about the cold. We are having mornings about 12 degrees. Now that is COLD. I am afraid you are getting wimpy!

Michelle said...

BOO HOO! I believe you are no longer able to say you are a Michigander :) Perhaps you should join us in Florida where it is more likely to be warm...