I have enjoyed reading my
sister's blog so I thought I would start one of my own. I figure my family and friends might like to see what I am up too seeing as I am piss poor at keeping in touch. The majority of my time is spent with my dogs; specifically my Rottweilers. This is Logan, my first Rottweiler:

He will be 3 in March. Logan is my pride and joy. He has taught me the true meaning of a human/dog relationship. He has an interesting story: He was only about 2 days old when he ws dropped off at an animal shelter. It was him and 2 littermate, no mom. A local Rottweiler breeder picked up the pups and hand raised them till they were 7 weeks old. That is when he came home with me. We have learned so much together since that day. We discovered herding, obedience, draft work, and schutzhund. I have yet to find a job that this dog does not enjoy, or a task that I have not been able to teach him. That is not to say he does all of them well, but we enjoy trying. Because of Logan I got my second Rottweiler. This is Cain:

Cain has taught me that no 2 Rottweilers are alike. I chose these pictures because, even though they both sleep and even though they both play, these photos pretty much sum up their personalities. So even though they are very different there are a few things that are very much the same. These are the qualities that I think make up a Rottweiler, despite their personality differences. In no order of importance they are as follows: intelligence, nobility, pride, sense of humor, sense of family, sense of self, charactor, charisma and work ethic. No other breed I have experience with possesses the same desire to be with me, to work with me and be a team. Once a person has had the pleasure of sharing their life with a Rottweiler there is no other breed that will suffice. The following is a great slideshow about Rottweilers, what they can do and the how the bad reputation they have is not their fault:
It is important to know that as much as I love them, I know they are not ment for every family. It is important to do your research before getting a dog of any breed to know what you are getting into. Dogs are not born knowing how to live in a human world, they need to be taught. Training is essential for a happy human/dog relationship and is a must for for a dog like the rottweiler. If you would like to learn more about Rottweilers please visit
Rottweiler.net
2 comments:
Hi Denise,
What a wonderful idea, a great way to stay in contact with us over here in Michigan! Your pics of Logan and Cain are great. Now tell us what it was like to go through your surgery - and show us the results!
Mom
Hey D,
I'm glad you started a blog as well. It is a great way to keep up. The pictures of the dogs are great. I too would love to see some pictures of you before and after surgery.
Michelle
Post a Comment