Thursday, January 25, 2007
Embrace change
People who know me know that I am an extremely routined person. I like to do the same things at the same time every day and every week. By this I mean wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, have lunch and play cards with co-workers, and go home. I don't actually like doing the same task at work everyday, however, if I do I get very bored. On the flip side, although I love my routine, I find I easily embrace change. I have had 5 jobs and have lived at 8 different places in 10 years. My recent stint of employment has lasted 3.5 years - this is a record for me people! That doesn't mean there hasn't been change. This summer my company had a rather substanial layoff. I wasn't layed-off, but I was transferred to a new department with a new supervisor. This occured in October about the time yearly reviews are initiated. So my new supervisor, who I never worked with in the past, got the pleasure of reviewing someone he really didn't know. Then just a few days ago, I learned that my company is no longer going to pursue my departments interests, the whole reason they hired me to begin with. There will be no lay-off still, they are just transferring me back to my old department. While many of the underlings are still around the management is completely new. Luckily I have been working with them for the past couple months so I know what I am getting into. My old new supervisor will still be giving me my review, and my new new supervisor will get the pleasure of annoucing pay raises and the like. All I know is that change happens whether you want it to or not, so just embrace it!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wow, Denise, all these changes - plus a month off for surgery - one change after another. I sure hope this transfer goes well for you and you get to enjoy the new tasks you will face.
Post a Comment